Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back from the Dead

Well it's been a long time since the last post - April last year. The world continues to go blogging mad and all things web 2.0. I have to confess to be quite taken with Facebook. I just wish I was a better typist - makes everything slow.

Anyway, the Manchester Jazz Festival is on. Went to see my guitar mentor Mike Walker as part of the North West Real Book launch. An idea of our own John Ellis that actually happened. I think Mike found it pretty heavy going with all the sight reading of unfamiliar material but it seemed to go down pretty well. Submissions for the book were anonymous before judging so I wish I'd put a piece in. It may have had a chance of getting it in the book.

Off to the second day a bit later which is a full one starting at 1pm. Looks like it'll be a good one and all indoors.

No comments: